Reading is a ticket that brings us the opportunity of traveling to another place, learn about someone else's life, feelings, and thoughts, and even getting in their head. Nowadays, the pleasure of using our imagination to create a story in our heads has been taken from us, as we can find series or films of almost everything. What used to be a pleasure has become a tedious task for the youngest. Is all lost?
First, I would like to focus on this picture, as it shows the importance of family in acquiring the habit of reading from a young age; Seeing it as a normal and regular activity at home. I used to be sick and stay at home under my grandparent's care for long periods as a child, so reading fairy tales from the bed (in a time when tablets, smartphones, and the like were far from becoming a reality) was the best way of escaping boredom.
By Bundesarchiv, Bild 183-20728-0003 / CC-BY-SA 3.0, CC BY-SA 3.0 de, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=5349053
Secondly, I have chosen the photo of the kids reading in class, as I consider the school is one of the most critical places to inoculate the love for books in kids. How to get the kids to adopt the habit of reading depends on choosing the right book, adapted to their age and interests. I remember the silence when we used to read in class and forgetting about everything, completely focused on the story...just as the kids in the photo!
By Jallinson01 at English Wikipedia - Transferred from en.wikipedia to Commons by Computerjoe using CommonsHelper., Public Domain, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=6587713
I prefer to read a book in its original language, as it allows me to better understand the author's work. I make no difference in the texts or works I read in the different languages I speak; my choice isn't conditioned by the language but by the work itself.
Every day I read the news online from different outlets. When reading a book, my choice depends on my interest.
I always read the news in digital format but when reading a book, I love to do so on paper. I guess I am old-fashioned in this aspect; I love to turn the pages.
I read books at night when I'm in bed, and can focus entirely on what I'm reading, or when I'm on public transport.
.jpg)

Hi! I also love reading books in its original language and on paper format but digital format can be a good choice for those students who cannot afford buying a physical ones because it is possible to find them on internet. Moreover, we have to promote reading as a hobby by allowing students find by themselves the place where they feel comfortable to read.
ReplyDeleteHello, when reading your post I was thinking on the idea that I totally agree with you, reading on paper format is also my favourite; however, some times I think that my sons and some of my students would be more interested on reding if the format were a digital one, just by touching the screen they are so used to. However, I lso prefer a paper book in bed before sleeping. Thanks for your beautiful post
ReplyDelete